4.6.14

Idyllic

This wedding was one of my favorite collaborations ever. Allie found me online and contacted me about a May 2014 wedding. When we met, I discovered that Allie is a successful up and coming artist with a studio in Hagerstown, MD. Also, her fiance, Mark, is studying agriculture and his dream is to be a farmer. I loved it. They would be getting married on a historic property along the Chesapeake Bay in Leonardtown where they had lived for a while after college at St. Mary's. Allie's vision was at the same time elegant and delicately rustic. Loose and garden-y but absolutely classy. I was thrilled to be working with her. I loved Allie's artistic style and could not wait to see what she came up with for me to do.

The day of the wedding came after a day of heavy downpours and it was perfect. Sunny with scudding clouds, a light breeze, not too warm but not chilly. A gorgeous day for a drive down to the Eastern shore. I wish I had gotten pictures of the church which was beautiful, but I did get a few of the reception site which was stunning.

The main house. There are multiple buildings on the property.

Love.


Bride and Groom chairs decorated with peonies and garden roses.

A flower garland on the dessert table with peonies cut from the grounds.

Stunning view from the back porch of the main house.

Table centerpieces were made of seeded eucalyptus, salal leaves, queen anne's lace, champagne garden roses, peach spray roses, thistle, white hydrangea.





The bouquets were garden roses, queen anne's lace, italian ruscus, spray roses, peonies, dusty miller and Allie's bouquet had white sweet pea and ranunculus.



Isn't Allie an absolutely stunning bride?
I was so honored to be a part of this special day.
Congratulations Mark and Allie!