16.8.13

.soft romance.

I am so excited to post these photos from a wedding I did back in June for Andrew and Emily.
I knew from the moment I read Emily's first email to me that I wanted to work with her. Her writing was exuberant and joyful ... and made me think of gardens and poetry.
Meeting with she and Andrew in person, my suspicions were confirmed: Emily is a beautiful girl on the outside, but her beautiful, gracious spirit spills out and touches everyone around her making her even more lovely.  I wanted to create flowers for Emily that were a reflection of her spirit and she wanted a romantic, garden wedding that honored her family and friends.
She gave me lace from her mother's wedding dress and a locket that was her grandmother's to use on her bouquet. She had 7 bridesmaids, 4 flower girls, 2 ring bearers and a house party of 6 close friends. There are a lot of special people in Emily's life.

I could go on, but here are some of the gorgeous photos all by Katie Stoops Photography.
The wedding coordinators were A. Dominick Events,
 the church was All Saints Church in Chevy Chase and the reception was at Old Anglers Inn.

Congratulations Andrew and Emily!
It was an honor to be part of this beautiful day.