2.9.12

.fairy tale.

I got the email from Kristen titled, "flowers for a fun August 9,2012 wedding?"
and my heart did a little skip.
I've known Kristen from afar since she was a little girl
and over the past few years have watched as she has blossomed into
As someone who is "in the industry", Kristen has been exposed
to all sorts of weddings and I knew she would have something pretty special in mind.
And I also felt very honored that she would trust me with her flowers.

Well she did have something very special in mind and when
we started exchanging emails and finally met at her house so she
could show me what she was envisioning, I was so excited.
Kristen's theme for her wedding was "vintage Disney".
Lots of color, milk glass vases, antique tins, BIG bouquets
and many types of flowers - but only certain ones.
Kristen definitely had her list of flowers she didn't want me to use.

While I love it when a bride doesn't have anything specific in mind and lets
me get creative, I love it too when a bride has a very specific vision and 
has thought it out in great detail and is passionate about it. That was Kristen.

 For the reception, which was outside under a huge tent,
there were 12 long tables and each table had 11 little centerpieces.
Six milk glass vases of all shapes and sizes and some antique tins filled with succulents.

 The vases each held a single type of flower.
The overall effect with the sparkles and glitter and colors was like a bright, happy fairy tale!

While Kristen wanted lots of color in the bouquets, she
also wanted the overall feel to be pinky/coral.
For her bouquet I used peach garden roses, peach stock, purple anemone,
blue delphinium, billy balls, seeded eucalyptus, salal leaves, coral coxcomb,
orange ranunculus, coral zinnias and dark pink hydrangea.
It was beautiful and just what she was hoping for.
Wow - isn't she a gorgeous bride?!


The bridesmaids had smaller versions of Kristen's bouquet and they
looked gorgeous with their champagne colored dresses.

Kristen and Caleb make such a beautiful couple
and I was so honored to help make their day magical.
Here's to a sparkly,wonder-filled life together!

photography by Shannon Lee Miller